International Studies Program
- International Studies Preparatory Academy (ISPA) – Italian
- International Studies Preparatory Academy (ISPA) – French
- International Studies Preparatory Academy (ISPA) – Spanish
The International Studies (IS) Program is an international dual language acquisition program implemented in collaboration with the Ministries of Education of foreign countries, including Spain, Germany, France, and Italy. This collaboration promotes a rigorous international academic program in which students are immersed in a modern language for a minimum of twelve hours a week as they learn core subjects in the second language. The International Studies program is an accelerated language mastery program that leads to a dual diploma upon graduation from the partnering country.
In the secondary years, students will engage in continued language development and surpass advanced fluency levels as they engage in accelerated high school and college level language courses in preparation for a post-secondary field of study in a Modern Language.
International Education Language Programs
- International Studies Preparatory Academy (ISPA) – IE Italian
- International Studies Preparatory Academy (ISPA) – IE French
The International Education Program focuses on language acquisition coupled with a thematic, program-wide cultural integration such that students gain exposure to cultural norms from countries with similar linguistic origins.
In the secondary years (grades 6 – 12), students will engage in continued language development and approach advanced fluency as they engage in accelerated high school level language courses. Students will continue to acquire on-going opportunities to engage in cultural and global studies related to the language of choice, while engaging in discussions and afforded the ability to express themselves in the language.
ISPA offers five different language programs :
- International Studies Italian (IS Italian): Proficiency Test Required
- International Studies Spanish (IS Spanish): Proficiency Test Required
- International Studies French (IS French): Proficiency Test Required
- International Education French (IE French): Proficiency Test NOT Required
- International Education Italian (IE Italian): Proficiency Test NOT Required
Our International Studies (IS) programs follow the curricula from France, Italy and Spain in the areas of Language and Literature, and History and Geography (Humanities). Students must be proficient in the language to enter the IS programs.
- In the IS Spanish program students qualify for the national diploma of Spain, Spanish Bachillerato Diploma.
- IS and IE Italian students who pass the AP Italian exam and 3 out of 4 other AP exams will be allowed to enroll in any Italian university of their choice.
- IS French students wishing to study at a French university must hold a high school diploma and pass the DELF B2 exam.
ISPA’s International Education (IE) French and Italian programs offer a rigorous curriculum in Language, Literature and Humanities. Applying students are not required to take a language exam since they will become proficient through our program.
- 2020-2021 Writing Contest Winners: “Me gusta el español” – Virtual Edition