International Studies Preparatory Academy at Gables (ISPA) will be a model for international education while creating an educational community where every student becomes responsible citizens, lifelong learners and contributors to a global society. ISPA will foster a sense of communal responsibility and solidarity through the celebration of culture, language and diversity.
Our mission is to prepare the students to meet the challenges of the 21st century through the development of their academic and social development, their linguistic capacity, cultural appreciation and international and global awareness. The students of ISPA will move forward ready to meet human demands of post-secondary education taking with them the power of two languages.
To fulfill this mission, we envision ISPA as:
- Developing an exemplary center of teaching and learning of modern languages.
- Promoting international understanding.
- Connecting to the global community through its diverse student body and faculty.
- Rich in intellectual stimulation and motivation for exploration.
- Achieving high educational standards and nurturing life-long learners through the growth of their intellectual powers.
- A rigorous comprehensive curriculum which prepares young people for the next phase of their education.
Excellence – We pursue the highest standards in academic achievement and organizational performance.
Equity – We foster an environment that serves all students and aspires to eliminate the achievement gap.
Student Focus – We singularly focus on meeting our students’ needs and supporting them in fulfilling their potential.
Innovation – We encourage creativity and adaptability to new ideas and methods that will support and improve student learning.
Accountability – We accept responsibility for our successes and challenges and seek to transparently share our work in an ethical manner, as we strive towards continuous improvement.
ISPA’s Learning Philosophy
ISPA’s learning philosophy is to provide a high quality and innovative four year program of study that promotes choice, equity, diversity and academic excellence for all students.