Home » Admission into ISPA
- School applications for magnet schools may be found at www.miamimagnets.com or simply click on the button below:
- Submit application to Schools of Choice before the deadline of January 15, 2018.
- Private, Charter and students not currently enrolled in M-DCPS must submit a transcript for the previous and current school year directly to International Studies Preparatory Academy located at 1570 Madruga Avenue, Coral Gables, Florida 33146 no later than January 15, 2018.
- International Studies screens all applications. Eligibility is determined based on the following criteria.
- Students applying to 9th grade must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher in 7th and 8th grades in the core academic areas.
- Students applying to 9th grade must be currently enrolled in Algebra I and Physical Science and passing with at least a C at the time of application.
- Students applying to 10th grade must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher in 8th and 9th grades.
- Students applying to 10th grade must be currently enrolled in Geometry and Biology and passing with at least a C at the time of application.
- Mastery of Language Proficiency in the modern language: French, Italian or Spanish.
Please call the school to schedule your appointment for the Language Proficiency evaluation.
- Students must have no grade lower than a C in conduct in any course and must maintain above average conduct grades while in the program.
- Students must have no more than 5 absences in the first semester or 10 absences in an entire school year.
- At the end of each school year, we review all acceptances. If the student’s academic or conduct record no longer meets the admission requirements, the student’s acceptance will be revoked.
- Students who meet eligibility criteria will be entered into the Miami – Dade County Public Schools district lottery pool.
- Students who DO NOT meet eligibility criteria will be notified of non-acceptance.
- International Studies Preparatory Academy at Gables notifies students of the District’s random selection lottery outcome. The waiting list remains current through the first semester of each year. Students who want to be reconsidered for the following year must re-apply.